Hardest Part

I have always  wondered about you, I've ask about you. but I was never given an explanation or an answer as to why you were never in my life. I  have searched for you,  only  to have my letter sent back to me  with the words;  REFUSED! Written in bold letters on the envelope. And once again I have been  Refused. I have a void in my life so large, I feel like I'm drowning and there is no one to save me. Dad you gave up on me before getting to know me. Everytime I  get rejected or hurt by people in  and outside of my life It makes me think that  if  one of the people responsible for my existence who should've been my protector, my Guiding Light,  the rock in my life, the person I looked up to, have not made an effort to be in my life it makes  every rejection,  every struggle feels that much harder. And it's more difficult to know your worth when  from birth  you  are worth  nothing to the people responsible for you being born. Everytime  I  watch a show  about a  father daughter bond,  or hear another woman or girl  talks about her dad; it immediately feels like a wrench in my heart. Sometimes the  pain  I feel is so unbearable to the point where I feel like I  would explode in a moment. I  remember attending a  wedding  and everything was  perfect  leading up to the father daughter dance  and I  couldn't hold back the tears. I  felt  the most  heart wrenching pain that a person could have ever imagined.  I  could not have brought myself to move from my seat. So you see daddy dearest, walking away from my life, giving up on me, not giving me  that fighting  chance,  remains a struggle for me. I will never understand why you  made a decision  not to fight for your  little girl regardless of the roadblocks that existed. You should have fought but you quit.  I  have two beautiful children and I would never ever have walked away from their life, I would have fought with everything I've got to  be a parent  to them. Tell me Daddy dearest how are you able to live your life knowing you walk away from mine?  Can you imagine living your life feeling  like an alien; the story behind your existence was never talked about, and you feel like  you are living in a valley and  there are these mountains surrounding you, and  you are calling out and no one can hear you, you are reaching out over the mountains and there was never anyone reaching back to you and the hopelessness that you feel is so unbearable, but  you just keep fighting, and  sometimes you  wonder what is the fight about  or why you fight? But the fight is for me  for my sanity, because  I  was never fought for, or taught how  to fight, but I  still  fight.  I  now fight for me,  my survival, my self worth my peace of mind, my  happiness.  I  fight for me because you never gave me a fighting chance.

Comments

Popular Posts